Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Phases of dealing with loss.

Today I was reading up on the phases of losing someone for whatever reason.
And I googled up the following and which I can relate to.

1. Numbness:
I guess I went thru this initially when she left I just didnt know how to react and she kept coming back and going. This was really hard on me as I couldnt figure out what was going on.
I knew she wanted to leave but she also wanted to stay, she could not even look me in the eyes and say she wanted to leave. I was just numb I couldn't do anything, I could not work or go back to my hobbies. I just needed to make things right at that point in time.

2.Denial & Isolation:
I went thru this as well, this is when and just before I went on vacation and came back from Bhopal while diwali, I spoke to her often while there and just before leaving as if things were fine and she had just gone on a break or something for sometime.

3.Anger:
For me this and 4. came in together and stayed for sometime.
I was really angry at her for doing this to me just before I felt for home, and the weekend I saw her at Stone water. I at first we had a nice conversation but then I got really mad at her and raised my voice for still lieing to me. I realise now it was over way before for her than then. Only to me in my world we had to tell eachother the truth.

3.Depression:
Yes this is the most painful one this started the day of me leaving town for Bhopal (home)
I was really depressed there. She completely stopped responding to me. I knew it was over and I dint know what to do about it. I am still going thru this. I cant do anything at times. I just sit and stare at an empty inbox in gmail or stare at my phone endlessly. I know there is nothing there to wait for but I still do so in vain...

4.Acceptance:
I am going thru this now. Or I do hope so soon as I have been depressed long enough.
I am coming to trems with her loss, havent spoken to her for almost 10 days now. But still a day doesn't go by when I dont shed a tear for her.

The rest is yet to come so lets see how it goes...

No comments: